Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas morning

It was quite an enjoyable drive to mass this morning. There was hardly any traffic out and about, so I was able to really take my time and enjoy the ride. I was listening to my Irish Tenors Christmas Cd... and just enjoyed the morning. I was surprised at the nice turn out at Mass. During the singing of the Gloria, which has been supressed since the start of advent (begins with Gloria in excelsis Deo, et in terra pax....) the altar boys started ringing bells, and rang them until the Gloria was finnished. It was quite a nice touch, the sound of the bells calling out the birth of Christ, and quite appropriate for singing "Glory to God in the highest, and peace to His people on Earth (etc)".

Joe and Katie came over and we opened out presents. I was spoiled. Most notable was a decoration from Department 56 of Charlie Brown and Linus at the Christmas tree lot... surrounded by the multi colored trees, and the one lonely real tree - a Crosley Cathedral radio (and CD player) for the living room - a Snoopy Snowman Hallmark ornament - and much to my great surprise, a Fossil messenger bag (not the leather one, but similar in style to the one I bought in NYC). I was very excited, and enjoyed it... as did everyone else.

What has really been a nice treat is the IM's, text messages, and phone calls from friends across the country wishing me a Merry Christmas. It has been so nice to be able to chat with my friends, both in the city and distances away. Makes it feel like they are all here with me. Nick had me laughing when I came home from Mass, and found this message on my computer: Merry Christmas Bingles. Notice I actually typed out Christmas for you, and not Xmas. I get credit for that! :-D I laughed so hard... and yes, he gets credit for actually typing CHRISTMAS, I can't stand xmas!!

I have been puttering around washing the Christmas china, and finding new homes for the stuff I got this morning. Now I am sitting in the living room, enjoying the tree lights, and listening to Christmas music on the radio.

Mom and Dad just left to go to the cemetary to pay their respects. I couldn't bring myself to go. I can't see that right now. I have been picking up a picture of them I have in my living room, and looking at it every so often. Even put in an old movie of a past Christmas to hear their voices. I miss them SO much!!!

No comments: