Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

Tonight turned out to be a rather pleasant Christmas eve. Went to my Aunt and Uncle's as usual, and had dinner there. The food was nothing to right home about, but the christmas cookies and fudge were awesome!! If it wasn't for a headache, I'd probably have my ass on the treadmill to try and compensate for it all.

I was choosen to read "Twas the Night Before Christmas". My Godson Gavin (age 3) sat on my lap as I ready the story, as his brother Kyle (age 5) sat on the floor in front of me. They are the only little ones, and they enjoyed hearing the story. I helped them both open their gifts, and I found myself enjoying their excitement with the gifts they got. Kyle opened one gift and it was a pair of pants and a shirt. He turned to me and said "I hate clothes!! Grrrr!!" I burst out laughing... I don't remember when it was that I actually started to be excited about getting clothes as a gift, but I do remember pretending to be excited when I got them as a kid.

Toby got a gift from Aunt Laurie and Uncle Bruce. He LOVES opening gifts, and tore this one open like a pro. In fact, I can hear him upstairs munching on his rawhide now. :-)

Tomorrow is going to be busy, and will be the first time ever we won't be opening gifts first thing Christmas morning. Joe and Katie are coming over at 10:30 to open gifts with us, and I am going to 9AM Mass. I think I will enjoy starting the day off with Mass instead, after all, it is the real celebration of Christmas. Last year I missed it so I could spend more time at Tim's, and kinda was bummed I didn't attend.

Feels very awkward without the grandparents. This is the FIRST Christmas without any grandparents, or not going to Grandma's house. I'm trying to get used to it, but it's just not the same.

No comments: