God I love this movie...
Friday, April 18, 2008
During the Holy Father's visit to the United States, many American Catholics (those of us with any taste left) were embarrassed by the lousy music played at the Papal Mass. A friend of mine sent me this link from American Idol.. to remind me that the youth of today still long for the sacred. It was so moving, I had to share it.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
- My best friend from high school, Jacqui was married two weekends ago. I had to take my SISTER as my date... but still had a good time. Met her gay friend Paul and his bf Tom. We had a BLAST. Made me feel a bit lonely, but hopeful at the same time.. after all, they were able to find each other, I'm sure I'll find someone too.... eventually. Though I have to admit, I kept staring at Paul... he's so geeky cute with an awesome personality and sense of humor. sigh.
- Two days after the wedding, Jacqui ended up in the hospital for a week. Doctors think she may have a small blood clot in her brain. She lost her memory for a while, and he speech... which is now slowly coming back.
- My Aunt Karen (who has parkinsonism disease) has been in the hospital for over a month now. Because he condition has become so severe, she will not be able to return home, but will have to live out her days in some sort of medical facility. The neurologist said she will probably not live to see another 12 months. She's in her early 50's.
- Student teaching is kicking my ass. I'm working very hard, and am quite exhausted. I have received a stellar evaluation from my co-operating teacher, but I'm not making much headway with my honors students. Most of them spend the class trying to see what they can get away with, and challenge my every decision. I want to be equipped with a cattle prod. Seriously.
- I'm on "vacation" next week. No school! I can't F***** wait. No plans other than working on lesson plans, but at least I can sleep past 5:45am.
- Loneliness is setting in big time lately. Friends are great, and I'm lucky to have the ones I do in my life, but Jacqui's wedding hit me hard. She was my prom date, then the next year, I was hers. So many of my friends from high school are married or in a long term relationship. In fact, I am one of the only singles left in my circle of friends.. and have been for some time. It hurts, and it's lonely to be the third wheel all the time.. or to not have someone there when the going gets tough. I will learn to accept the fact I am a perpetual bachelor... but it hasn't set in yet. The hardest thing... people coming up to me and asking "Are you seeing anyone yet?". It's embarrassing to say "no" all the time.