Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Trip from HELL

Yesterday was a travel nightmare! Here's how I spent my day.

1. Woke up at 4am.. couldn't sleep. Showered and packed for my trip home.
2. Arrived at the airport by 5:30am.
3. Went through security, and was singled out for special security checking. I got a "pat down" (and the guy wasn't even cute), and everything in my carry on and in my pockets was examined, emptied out, and checked. I must have looked like a terrorist.
4. Sat in the airport for over an hour.
5. Took off for Chicago at 7am.
6. Couldn't land in Chicago because of bad weather, had to land in Milwaukee for refueling. Took off AGAIN, and arrived to Chicago an hour late. -- MISSED MY CONNECTING FLIGHT!
7. Arrived in Chicago (finally) at around 10am. Was rebooked onto a flight that took off at 2PM (I was supposed to arrive in Buffalo at 1:30pm).
8. Wandered around the airport aimlessly going though every store at least thrice.
9. Kept calling Mom -- BECAUSE THAT'S HOW BORED I WAS!
10. Plane to Ohio delayed... and delayed.. and delayed... and delayed. The flight that was supposed to leave at 2pm, left at 4:45pm.
11. Was told I was going to miss my third connecting flight from Ohio to Buffalo, and was going to have to spend the night at the airport.... seriously considered walking home!
12. Finally breded my flight to Ohio.
13. Landed in Ohio at 5:50pm -- my flight to Buffalo was due to leave at 6:10pm.
14. RAN from gate 1 to gate 28... and I never run.... I looked like a weeble on crack!
15. Arrived at my gate literally out of breath, only for the lady to tell me the flight was delayed.. an hour or so.
16. Boreded the plane from Cleveland to Buffalo... delayed another 20 minutes for de-icing.
17. Arrived in Buffalo at 8:30pm.

I never want to go on a plane trip again!!!

No comments: