Monday, June 2, 2008

Movin' on Out....

Today I went to see Jason in his new home. He recently bought an older home in Buffalo, and will soon be moving out on his own. I got the grand tour today as he was there painting and doing some work around the house. I don't envy him as he has a LOT of work to do ahead of him... all cosmetic, but still, it's going to be a chore.

The home is an old brick house that was at some time converted into a two family home. The apartments are not that bad space wise, though the arrangement of the downstairs apartment is rather awkward. Jason is a very hard working individual and will soon have that house transformed into a home.

Though I don't envy the mortgage payments and work that he will have to put into the house, I do envy the fact he has made it out onto his own. Despite the fact that I kept imagining all the improvements he'd have to make soon, I kept imagining also all the gatherings of friends he can have there, and the peace of quiet he will have with his OWN residence. In addition, he has much more space than he did before, and much more than I have now. That's always a great feeling to have a place to call your own... your escape from the world and your own oasis. Despite the hard work that lies ahead for him, he will have the independence that so many of us crave... and that is a luxury he has worked very hard for!

I wish him all the best and look forward to going to HIS house for a visit. Someday, hopefully in the not so distant future, I will also be able to have friends and family to MY home.

Here's to ya, Jason... welcome home!

No comments: