Sunday, June 15, 2008

Busy day

My friend Bryan from Ohio decided to come up yesterday evening to spend the night so we could go to the Allen Town Art Festival here in Buffalo. I really have never been to the festival, having gone last year for the first time and only seeing a small portion of what vendors were there. Today, Bryan and I walked the whole thing (which I would guess was about two miles down Delaware). The items offered for sale were really interesting, and there was all types of items from blown glass to oil paintings. There were a few things I wanted to purchase, but managed to show some self control and walk away. I did however by a huge chocolate chip cookie. I think all the walking we did burned off one of the chocolate chips, but it was worth every calorie! =-P

After Bryan left to return to Ohio, it was time to go to my brother and sister in law's house for a father's day cook out. Joe's in-laws are wonderful people, and fortunately, our families clicked right from the start. The food was great, and we had a blast laughing, joking, and playing "Can-Jam" in the backyard.

My sister Kristy has yet another boyfriend, who met some of the rest of our family today at the cookout. Yes, Kristy goes through boyfriends more than Liz Taylor went through husbands. This new guy is 22 and in the Air Force reserves. He has been to Iraq about three times now while in the army before joining up with the Air Force. Yes, my sister loves a man in uniform as much as I... only she can actually get one.

I kept staring at Sean (her new bf) when he first arrived. I finally had to apologize, but he looks eerily similar to my ex boyfriend, Jeff. In fact, I asked if he was related. He could have passed for his younger brother. Their hair is different, as well as the build, but it was like looking into Jeff's face at every glance. It's quite awkward for me actually. Knowing Kristy, I won't have to look his way too often before she is on to the next man in line.

Anyway, it's been quite an enjoyable and eventful weekend. Always nice to be able to get out of the house and have a good time with family and friends.

No comments: