Tuesday, January 23, 2007

This and That

Kristy has surprised us all by showing interest in joining the army. Mom is a wreck about it, I'm supportive, but feel she doesn't have all the facts. We can't get a straight answer out of her as to why she wants to join, and for anyone who knows my sister, no one could picture Miss. Priss in the army. Seriously, it's down right comical. BUT, she intends to enlist after her birthday in August. I will support her, but she better know what she's in for... there's a lot the recruiters don't tell you. I think it has to do with her ex who is in the army. Mom and other family members want her to consider other branches of the armed forces so she hopefully won't see combat with everything in Iraq. The Marines of course is discouraged more than the army.. they're just nuts.

I'm puttering along with class, and it doesn't seem like it will be TOO bad. We got our first lab assignment today, and I have to do all of it at home. It seems manageable.. just different from what I am used to.

Doing my best to plan a trip to Minnesota to visit Sean for a weekend. Trying to swing the airfare, and plan time off from work to make it happen.. but would love a get away, even a short one. Sean is a great guy, and it would be wonderful to spend some time with him... in person. Why is it all the great guys live else where, or aren't ready for a relationship? I always miss the boat. lol

Joe and Katie moved into -what was Grandma's house- this past weekend. I went over Sunday evening after dinner to see it. As I went into my bathroom to wash my face before leaving, I broke down in tears. I didn't expect it to happen, but it did. It was another nail in their coffins so to speak... their house was now someone else's, and for the first time in 30 years, it was now COMPLETELY different. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. The house is looking very good though, and I really enjoyed visiting my sister in law Katie. I look forward to seeing it later this week or next week when the kitchen and bathrooms are done.

No comments: