Friday, January 26, 2007

CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!

Jason and I went to the Galleria Mall to do some mall walking. We ended up at the new Cheesecake Factory restaurant, which I had never visited before. We went for "lunch" but ended up having desert instead. I ordered their chocolate layer truffle cake. OMG was it HUGE!!!! I thought I could polish the whole thing off, but Jason ended up having some to take home... and for me to leave left overs... that should tell ya how big it was!!! I like to think the mall walking helped burn some calories, but just in case, I did an 80 minute power walk on the treadmill. =-P

We had a good time going in and out of the stores, looking at things we don't need, can't afford, or both. We did find one or two good buys each at JC Penneys in the 75% off section. LOL. Yea, we poor. I finally convinced Jason to go with me into the build a bear workshop. He hates that place. I told him I want an army bear for valentine's day (he was in the army), but he gave me one of those looks like if he squinted a little harder.. I'd have a massive stroke and die. I don't think I'm getting the bear.

On the way back he showed me a house in Cheektavegas that he ponders getting. It's an all brick two family home in a decent neighborhood. I fell in love with it... and at $40,000 it's not a bad deal. I have no idea how he could swing getting it, but I too fell into the trap of dreaming of what it would be like to move out of my parent's house. We both agree that we'd be very happy getting a two family together.. he would live upstairs, and I would live downstairs. Now if only we had the money to make that happen. Grr... Oh well, it was a nice day dream.

No comments: