Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring has sprung

One of the things I love about living in Buffalo is the change of seasons. By the time I've had enough of one season, another one approaches.

We had BEAUTIFUL weather today, with temps reaching up to 70 degrees F. Sunny and warm! I again decided to park in the furthest parking lot on campus, and make the long trek to the building where my class is held. This time though, I did not get rained on. I enjoyed the walk, and being in the sunshine for a bit. Driving with the windows down, no jacket, and sun glasses on. Such a refreshing change from the heavy coats and blowing snow which seem to have over stayed their welcome.

I've had all the windows in my apt. open to let the fresh air circulate, and it feels great.. not to mention smells good too. Ahh... fresh air! I took Toby out onto the deck to give him a good brushing. He looks like such a schmuck, and needs to be groomed badly, so I figured he could benefit from at least a good brush down. He loved it... just layed there in the sun, and didn't want me to stop. I could have built another dog with the amount of fur that kept coming off him though.. lol.

I have a long day of work ahead of me tomorrow, an 8-5 shift. BUT, I'm actually looking forward to it.. somewhat. OMG.. did I just say that??? I miss my friends at work, and I've been rather cooped up in the house for the most part... seeing as my friends have been too busy for a visit as of late. I'm looking forward to working with Shirley, and laughing with the morning crew of associates at Walmart... we wake each other up with laughter.

I've been trying to decide what I'm going to bake for Easter Sunday, as it is approaching fast. This is the first Easter we will be celebrating at our house... and just like Christmas, the first Easter without any Grandparents. What will really make this different is that we might not have ANY other relatives over except my immediate household. My Aunt and Uncle might be going to their inlaws, and my Uncle Vinny from NC might be going to his girl friend's family. As for Joey and Katie.. who knows, they too might be going to her side of the family. Thankfully, as it stands, Jason will be joining us for Easter, so we'll have at least ONE guest. I don't like the idea of a small get together for the holiday.. if it was up to me.. I'd start making phone calls and sending out e-mails telling people: "Dinner is at 5.. BE THERE, and bring your appetite!"

No comments: