Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

My good friend Collin invited me to a cookout at the home of two of his good friends. I was a little uneasy with the idea of going to the home of perfect strangers, not knowing anyone... but Collin didn't exactly give me a choice. haha! Later I found out one of my co-workers and his fiance were also to be in attendance, so I did as I was told and showed up with my wine and my appetite.

I had a really great time at the cookout, and met some great people. Collin and I were the last to leave the party, which meant we got to spend some quality time with our host and hostess. What nice people!! The weather was great, the food was fantastic and Collin's friends were amazing.

Today a few of us met up at a local sports bar/restaurant to bid farewell to one of our own, Venus. Her last day with us will be Tuesday, and then she and her family are moving to Rochester. I enjoyed working with her so much... she has a wonderful sense of humor and has a great work ethic. People like that are VERY hard to find.. especially for where I work!

Our store is grossly understaffed, especially in my department.. and with all the changes in management going on now, it is very unlikely we will be getting any new associates to fill the gap. So, not only will I be losing an excellent friend and co-worker but it means I (we) will have even more staffing shortages to deal with. Whoop-dee-do.

Staffing woe's aside... the 5 of us had a great time together over drinks and food. As you can see from the picture, my friend Adam and I got into a small knife fight over the left overs... but thankfully, no one was hurt. :)

1 comment:

Mellow Yellow said...

You became "one of us" in a matter of minutes. Once you started mocking me like the others, you were in :-)