Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Approach of a New Season

One of the many things I love about living in Buffalo is that we get to experience the different types of seasons. Though our spring and fall may seem relatively short, even they have a distinct feel about them.

As we approach Memorial Day and the unofficial start to summer, my senses are telling me of the coming changes more than the calendar. I can SMELL summer approaching. The cut grass, the crisp air, the smell of rain showers... the SOUNDS of the lawn mowers, the crickets and many birds chirping. Pretty soon it will be off to the local nursery to get our summer flowers.

Though I am not a fan of the heat... anything above 60 and the sweat starts to pour... I do enjoy the summer months. I've already sat out on my patio to do some reading and have tried to keep the windows open as much as possible.

I can't imagine living in a place that didn't have the change of seasons. It's Mother Nature's way of making sure life doesn't get too boring. By the time you have had it with one season, a new season begins arriving, bringing with it a fresh excitement and a new look to life.

No comments: