Friday, August 8, 2008

Interesting....

My Dad has been approved for Social Security Disability after having his shoulder permanently messed up. We were so scared he wouldn't get it, and would end up losing his job. Thankfully, the paper work went through, and he was approved. As Martha would say, it's a good thing!

Last night there was some unexpected clatter outside our house. We heard pounding, and saw a police officer trying to smash the window on the front door of our neighbor's house. It seems she hadn't been heard from in a few days, and no one could get a hold of her. She had not been feeling well, and lived alone. Come to find out, what they feared the most was true. She had passed away a few days ago... thankfully in her sleep. It was awkward to see them remove her from the house. Her family had just come back from Vegas that night, and probably found out once they got off the plane that she had passed.

I'm always afraid that's how I will go.. alone.. and someone will have to find me after a few days. Morbid, I know.. but that's how my mind works.

No comments: