Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to school

The Fall Semester started yesterday, and I attended my first class. I had decided to take a course dealing with Special Ed, but accidentally registered for the wrong course. Once I got there, and we began going over the syllabus, I realized the mistake. The course description didn't really lead me to believe I had made an error, but once we started talking, I was positive I was in the wrong class... which was confirmed by the professor. She gave me a new course number to go check out, but it happens to be offered during the time I already have a class. I had to drop the class, and won't be replacing it.

So, it seems I will only be going to school part time this semester, taking only two grad courses instead of the original plan of three. I'm not really upset about it. Some of my classmates took the whole summer off, as well as this Fall semester in order to focus more on getting a job (which none of them did), and recover from the grueling year of teacher boot camp. I have five years to complete the masters, so I'm not going to drive myself crazy trying to get it all done at once.

No comments: