Monday, August 13, 2007

Another Tragedy

Once I finally crawled out of bed, my mother quickly called me over to her. She had some really bad news to tell me. Come to find out, Katie's (my sister-in-law) sister Carrie was found dead this morning by her boyfriend. We do not know yet what was the cause of death, all we know is that she had died hours before her boyfriend arrived home from work this morning. Carrie was only 31.

I can't imagine what Katie's parents are going through right now, and I know Katie is taking this very hard. She can't believe that now she is an only child. For me, it helps me realize how life can change from day to day, minute to minute. As cliche as it may sound, it's important to appreciate the people we love, and let them know that each and everyday... for we never know when it will be the last we see them in this life. Death knows no age.

I ask all who read this entry to please keep Carrie and her family in your hearts and in your prayers... and in honor of her, make an effort to say "I love you" or "Thank you" to the people you care about in your life. Don't put it off till tomorrow.

No comments: