Tuesday, June 26, 2007

LAI 514- Lang, Cogn, and Writing

I started my second summer grad class Monday. As with the start of every class or semester, I was nervous. You never know who you will encounter in these classes, or what the professor will be like. So far, so good. This professor seems awesome. She has a great sense of humor, and reminds me a lot of one of one of my favorite cousins, Danielle. It also seems as if it will be less work than the previous class which is ending this week.

It dawned on my today that I haven't done much with my summer, and with July approaching, I don't see much more happening. The family is heading to Pennsylvania for our annual family reunion. This will be the third year in a row I haven't been able to go. In fact, I haven't been there since Grandma was alive... when she would make the trip to go "home" as she always referred to it, no matter how many years had passed since she moved to Buffalo. I can't imagine going down without her and Gramps being there, and I was somewhat thankful to have the excuse of school, work, and taking care of Toby to keep me at home. While I look forward to the quietness of having the house to myself, there is a part of me that wishes I was going. There are so many relatives I would like to spend time with.. and some elderly ones who might not be there next year. There is a part of me that is glad I'm safe from facing another place in the world I'd be expecting to see Grams, only to feel the loss again. But I know, I'm delaying the inevitable.

My 25th Birthday is fast approaching.. one week from Saturday (July 7th) as a matter of fact. So far, my friend Jason and his boyfriend Nick are treating me to the taste of Buffalo. I was told all I have to do is show up, have fun, and get fat. Since I'm already fat, and generally have fun with those two, I'm thinking it shall be an easy task to accomplish. My friends rock.

No comments: