Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Allen Town Art Fest.

Sunday, Bobby invited me to go with him to a cook out in Allen-Town, where the annual art festival is held. I had never gone to the art fest, and each year swore I would go, but because of work, never got the opportunity. So, I jumped at the chance to go with Bob.

It was a nice sunny day, but on the hot side. The cook out was a lot of fun, and I met up with some old acquaintances there from when I used to frequent Thursdays at the Square downtown... many moons ago now it seems. I also ran into some friends and former co-workers who were at the art fest. Over all, I wasn't that impressed at what the vendors had to offer, though in retrospect I only did sample a small part of what was there. It was still fun to walk around and people watch though. I did see a few things of interest, but didn't like the price tags. I kept staring at some water fountains made by a couple of lesbians, but if I brought ANOTHER fountain into this house.. I'd need build a boat.

All in all, it was a lot of fun... and I'm very proud of myself for not buying a damn thing. Let's hear it for will power!! Woot! Woot!

Bob and I then had dinner a La Nova's pizzeria on the West Side of Buffalo. That was one of the best subs I've had in a LONG time. Good food.. bad neighborhood. LOL

No comments: