Saturday, April 21, 2007

So...

The weather the past two days has been WONDERFUL. Went with Jason to Forrest Lawn Cemetery yesterday for a walk around. The sunshine is a wonderful treat, and it's nice to get out of the house to go somewhere other than school or work.

I stopped in to see Anne and Vince today. Brought some flowers from my family, and some baked goods I made them. Her oldest son is in from out of town, and her three other sons were there also.. helping her and Vince make arrangements for Jerry's funeral. She is doing as well as can be expected, and I appreciate all the support and well wishes that have been made to me from people who have read this blog. Believe me when I say it is greatly appreciated.

Her granddaughter, Parris, is still in intensive care. They are having difficulty regulating her blood pressure. She has eaten some soft foods, but is still having a rough time. Anne is looking forward to the day when she can at least talk to her on the phone.

I did get some good news today, which was a welcomed change. I had been monitoring the condition of my old friend Tim, who was diagnosed with malignant melanoma, and was undergoing treatment for it. At his last doctor's visit, it was confirmed that the treatments had worked, and he is cancer free. Though he is no longer a physical presence in my life, it's nice to know he will be ok.

No comments: