Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm Dorothy!


I have officially become Dorothy from the "Golden Girls" sitcom. I'm tall, sarcastic, witty, dateless, and am now a substitute teacher.

I got a letter in the mail from a local district that I applied to, and it seems I have been hired without even an interview. I only applied to do it part time, as it's not really the money I'm looking for (Walmart pays my health insurance), but I want to keep my resume active.

I am excited, but I have to admit I'm extremely nervous. What I'll be doing in the classroom isn't very intimidating.. let's face it, I'm a glorified baby sitter, but I'm nervous about learning the schools I'll be working in, and getting to know the staff there. I HATE being the new kid on the block. I also don't like going into a new place blind... an orientation to the school would have been nice. HaHa!

This district might be having openings for teachers for the next academic year.. so I'm hoping I may land a permanent job while subbing. Like I said, it's experience, and there is always something to learn from every job!!

I'll keep you posted as I start actually working in the schools. I'm sure I'll be asking myself, "What would Dorothy do?" :-)

No comments: