Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sigh

It's been a rough week. I am holding my own at my new placement, but it's a completely different experience. The faculty at this school are so isolated from one another.. and student teachers are seen as more of a nuisance than visitors. My co-operating teacher is very hands-off, which is nice, but our styles are very different. That makes it difficult for the students in transitioning from one teacher to another.. I've already hit some resistance with the seniors I'm teaching who have a bad case of senior-itas.

My Aunt Karen is not doing well at all, and is now going through with a long overdue divorce from her ass hole of a husband. She is going to be released from the hospital soon, but was told by her husband she is not allowed to come home. He told the doctors he won't care for her, that he "can't" care for her.. even with in home nursing care. She is on her own. For a time, it looked as if she was going to move in here, but it has finally become clear to my mom and family that this will not be the place for her to stay. We cannot take care of her, even with the nursing staff. My mom is now faced with the tough task of finding a nursing facility to relocate her to.

I am so exhausted, and don't have the energy to do much more than sleep and lay on the couch. I have notes to finish up for my class on Thursday, but I keep putting it off. Little if any ambition.

Yesterday was my good friend Jacqui's wedding. My sister Kristy went with me. Would have been better if I had a real date with me, but we still had a blast. We sat with some of Jacqui's other gay friends, and friends from high school. What a good time... we all got pretty hammered, and were out dancing, laughing, and loving life. I needed it!! One of the guys at the table, Paul is pretty damn hot, and has such a great and outgoing personality. Unfortunately, he's taken. His boyfriend Tom is a good guy too.... proving that all the good guys are taken.

No comments: