Sunday, June 26, 2011

Way to go New York!!!

I just want to publicly thank (in this meager forum) ALL those who worked to get the same-sex marriage bill passed in New York State.  From the courageous Senators who said "YES!" to equality, to those making calls and getting involved in peaceful demonstrations. -- THANK YOU!!

I cannot begin to tell you how I felt when the vote was passed.  I'm not sure what was more exciting, the Governor stating he would sign the bill immediately or the MANY positive Facebook comments, posts and even text messages going back and forth all night.

Though I have been very blessed with a wonderful and supportive family and groups of friends who love me for who I am.. this is the first time in my life I feel like a truly equal citizen under the law.

Let me point out however, the passage of the bill may have been the easy part.  Finding myself a husband... now THAT will be difficult!!  :-P