Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shaping up!

I did decide to go to this year's pride parade after all.  My good friend Collin managed to convince me to make an appearance - and it's always nice to see so many of my friends out and about at the same time.  I never know who I am going to run into!

The parade's after party gave me the chance to mingle with some facebook friends that I rarely get to see because of our conflicting schedules.  It was also a great pleasure to see my friends Greg and Rob... my personal vote for one of the cutest couples in Buffalo.

-----

I've been fighting the "battle of the bulge" all my life... the bulge being my ever expanding mid section... and I have been gradually losing this battle for the past three year.  Each summer I have steadily had to go up in waist size to fit into shorts.  This year, I would need to squeeze my derrière into a 40 waist pair of pants.  Oh hell no!

I promised myself I would never again leave the 30's range waste size and I'm not about to break a promise.  I REFUSE to buy a pair of pants over a 38 waist!!!

Actually, a picture taken of me at pride drove home the point that something needs to be done.  There I was, in a pair of jeans (because I refuse to wear shorts) looking frumpier than a worn out bean bag chair.  This just will not do!!

Long ago I accepted the fact that I will always have a larger body size.. and even embraced the "bear-cub" image popular in gay culture.. but I don't like frumpy.  Grrrr....

For the past month or so I have been stepping up my exercise routine, but now I'm really focused.  For the past three weeks, I have been working out about 6 days a week.  Now I am focusing on changing my diet as well.  It has to be a gradual change so I don't lose control and binge eat... little steps towards a big goal!

I've done this once before and I can do it again.  I once managed to lose 125 pounds... I think I can make it to my goal of losing 30. 

Feel the burn! Boo-ya!