Monday, August 3, 2009

Donations needed

Yes.. it's that time of year again. I am helping my friend Jim raise money for the yearly bike marathon he participates in to help raise money for aids research. Instead of me rambling on about it, I have posted a letter from Jim as well as the link where you could donate.

I know I tend to plug these events quite a bit, but the cause is near and dear to my heart. Every little counts, so give what you can, if you can!!!

---------------------------------------------------------
After a great week last week of 123 miles total riding I am setting my sights on making this the best Braking the Cycle ever. After years you would think I have this down to a science but it still takes tons of hard work.

For those of you that do not know Braking the Cycle is a 3 day 300 mile bike ride across 4 states to raise money and awareness for HIV/AIDS Services. A lot of people think that the AIDS crisis is over, or that AIDS has become a manageable, chronic illness. That’s simply not true. Living with HIV is hard. The medications have all sorts of horrible side effects. Even worse, AIDS still kill – over 1,400 people last year in New York City alone. I think that’s tragic and unacceptable. That’s why I’m getting on the road to do something.

So, from September 11-13, I’ll ride. It won’t be easy. At least one day I will be riding more than 100 miles. I’ve already started training, and I’ve got a lot of work to do. In fact, every weekend and on weeknights, I’m in the gym or on the road getting in my practice miles. I’m determined to ride every single mile.

On this ride each rider raises a minimum of $3500. This money directly goes to HIV/AIDS care and prevention services. I am telling you this because this is where you come in. I am hoping you will be generous as to make a tax deductible donation. At this time I know money is tight, but your donation is so vital. To make a donation please visit http://gaycenter.kintera.org/btc09/trek984 if you need more information please feel free to contact me

Thank you in advance for supporting me. And be on the look out for more updates.

Jim

No comments: