Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Check please?

It's not easy being so limited on funds... I cut back dramatically in my spending, and have still come up short on this month's bill. Hopefully now with the holiday season, and the semester ending soon, I can pick up a few more hours. I am also looking into some options as various side jobs to get a little extra money, but there aren't too many available.

Living on a tight budget isn't easy, but having a tight budget and Christmas shopping is nearly impossible. I have already made it known that I won't be exchanging with Kristy and Scott, and neither of them had a problem with that. Being in their teens, and Scott not having a job, it's less money out of their pockets as well.

It's not that I have a problem with the idea of giving gifts, or feel obligated to do so.. it's something I enjoy doing, and want to do. There are so many people in my life I wish I could be more generous too, and it bothers me that I don't have the means to do it. So far, I have managed to find some good sales, and have done rather well.

Mom and Dad invited me to go with them to East Aurora for the day. They go every year at Christmas time to shop, have lunch, and admire the scenery. At first I was going to go with them, but I think it would be nice for them to do something together as a couple, and enjoy the outing themselves. Besides, going to all those stores would only tempt me to buy things for myself I don't need. Avoiding temptation is a good way to not give into it.

Most people I know are going crazy trying to get wii's or PS3s. I don't quite understand all the hype around that. Why wait in line and go through all that aggravation for something you'll easily be able to get in February? People were camping out at Walmart for the release of the PS3 for two days. They were offered $2,000 just for their spot in line!!! I think the next time they release another game system, I am going to stake out a camp site in front of some retail store, just to sell my spot!

I guess I shouldn't talk, I go nuts for ridiculously priced things as well. I asked Santa for a leather "chopper mailbag" (messenger style) from the fossil website that is $148. Mom laughed at me. =-P I have a thing for bags, and am still grieving for the one I returned from my trip to NYC. I have a few relatives that give me cash or gift certificates (all two of them), so maybe if I'm fortunate, I'll throw that "loot" towards the bag... maybe... it's one of those things that I'd love if it was free, but I don't need. Damn this rational spending!!!!

No comments: