It amazes me how many people get overwhelmed during the holidays.. especially in the stores and malls. If you are smart about it, you can avoid a lot of frustration, and possibly getting smacked by a store clerk that you might tick off.
Holiday Shopping Guidelines:
1. Stuff sells out. Is is not the the fault of the guy behind the counter. Accept it and try another store.
2. Saturdays are not the best time to go shopping.
3. You're not the only one shopping for the holidays. The stores will be crowded. Expect it.
4. Don't call stores and ask if they have something in stock. Shop for yourself! Chances are, the store employee is too busy to check anyway, and will simply tell you it's out of stock.
5. They don't have any more in the backroom. Stop asking!
6. Lines will be long. Throwing a temper tantrum will not speed it up.
7. Stores have rules. If there is a limitation to a sale or purchase, deal with it and move on. Causing a scene only makes you look stupid.
8. Order your greeting cards ahead of time!
9. "What do you recommend?" is a foolish question to ask. Know what you want before you enter the store. Do your own research, and then you will know exactly what you are buying.
10. Save your receipts!! Many stores will no longer give refunds without a receipt due to fraud. Save the slip and you won't have a problem.
11. The day after a major holiday is retail Hell. Expect massive crowds, massive lines, and things to sell out quickly. Shop at your own risk.
12. Christmas falls on the same date each year. Don't wait until the last minute to go shopping, and then act surprised when EVERYTHING is sold out.
13. Be kind whenever possible to the sales people. You are not their first customer of the day, and probably will not be their last. Contrary to the old saying... you are NOT always right.