Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Scary morning

This morning I was woken up by my mother telling me my Dad was being taken by ambulance to the hospital because he was having a heart attack. He was woken up by a pain in his arm, which he thought was caused by sleeping on it wrong. He got up and put a pot of coffee on, but soon realized this was no ordinary pain.

The pain in his arm grew, and traveled up to his jaw. He woke my mother up and told her the problems. She said she was calling an ambulance, and he didn't say a word.. so she called. They were here in no time, and took him to Millard Fillmore Gate Circle Hospital where medical staff were waiting outside for his arrival.

I don't recall the name of type of heart attack he had, but it was rather serious. Had he not arrived at the hospital when he did, he might have died. Thankfully, he didn't put it off and was taken there quickly. The doctors put in three stents, and he seems to be doing much better now. He will be kept for 48 hours for observations.

He was in good spirits and humor when I left him around noon. Ever since I have been sending e-mails and fielding phone calls from family and friends.

No comments: